When: This Thursday, Oct 28 from 6pm to 7:30pm.
From the Eventbrite:
Washington State Poet Laureate Rena Priest sits down with a multi-disciplinary group of Indigenous artists for a conversation on craft, impact and justice.
Featuring Native artists from throughout the Puget Sound who represent a bredth of artistic talent including poetry, tattooing and weaving.
Conversation to include:
- Dr. Yoshiko Harden, President of Seattle Central College
- Maya Esquivido, Native Teaching and Curriculum Design Fellow, Seattle Central College – Nor Rel Muk Wintu and Hupa
- Rena Priest, 2021 Washington State Poet Laureate – Lummi Nation
- Nahaan, tatooing, wood carving, jewelry, painting, design – Tlingit, Iñupiaq, Paiute and Kaigani Haida
- Danielle Morsette, Weaver – Stó: lō Nation and Suquamish tribe
Hosted in partnership with Humanities Washington.