We are currently accepting applications for Student Leadership, North’s student government and a program offering on-campus jobs and professional skill-building. Student leaders work to improve the campus for all students, support the college values of equity and inclusion, and promote student interests.
No experience is necessary, and new students are welcome! We encourage students from all backgrounds to apply.
Student Leadership positions are paid $16/hour and offer opportunities to build skills in the following areas: teamwork, multicultural competency, leadership, professionalism, advocacy, critical thinking, self-awareness, accountability, communication, and other skills for your academic and professional success. The deadline for guaranteed consideration is April 17, 2019 by 5pm. Applicants selected for an interview will be invited to a GROUP INTERVIEW within 10-12 business days.
Positions start on Aug 19, 2019 and end June 15, 2020.
There is a mandatory new employee orientation on Monday, June 17, 2-4pm. Required work days include Aug 19-22, Aug 26-29, and Sep 20; on these days, student leaders work 7 hours a day. During the remainder of the employment term (fall, winter and spring quarters) student leaders work part-time. Positions require weekly meetings (1-4 hours per week) as well as flexible hours (1-10 hours per week).
• Must be an enrolled student at North Seattle College fall, winter, and spring quarters 2019-20.
• Must commit to entire employment term (August 20, 2019 – June 15, 2020).
• Must have and maintain a minimum 3.0 quarterly GPA starting fall 2019.
• Must demonstrate written and oral communication skills, incl. proficiency in speaking and writing English.
• Must demonstrate the desire to be a leader on campus.
• Members of historically disenfranchised groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Preferred qualifications: leadership experience, interest in advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion, writing and public speaking skills, knowledge of campus.
The online application can be completed at
Student Cabinet Coordinator